Pages

Tuesday, September 14

Bono. One. (Red) .

post summary can be viewed at end of videos.

campaigns as progressed throughout the years:

Bono.
within video 2, there are what some would consider disturbing 'images' upon its start (i have a hard time referring to people as images). viewing is up to the viewer however we hope one does carry on to watch. & honestly, please pardon me but, suck it up cause it is real and it exists. yes, it reveals one childs desperation being sought thru a farm animal. obviously the result of extreme dehydration, malnourishment, starvation; pick one, each goes hand in hand; surviving upon any means to replenish his little body. along side Bonos' artistical music, led into the heart of the video evolves a level of humanity worth witnessing (by the way, love this song!).

campaign, 'One'


most recent campaign, '(Red)'

I almost had the privilege of meeting Bono. Years ago while working within the missions department of a church, the staff was informed that this man was arriving to speak upon issues such as Human Rights,Global poverty and Africa within our very walls. We soon however learned that he had to cancel this engagement as he had unexpectedly been called & needed elsewhere. This was many moons ago, but knew who he was from the band U2, then becoming aware of his efforts in Africa & his global Human Rights campaigns which now are world known. Aren't they? Well, its getting there. Do I personally respect this man? Well, I do not personally know him so I cannot answer. Now, ask me, do I respect his Efforts and Causes? Well, HECK YES!; which tends to lead into actually respecting the individual from a standpoint of common ground. Whether or not one likes Bono as an artist or an individual is ones personal decision. Some view him for what good work he is doing, others scrutinise him. It seems vividly logical to respect one fully for the good effort they put forth. Whatever the case (Red) has raised funds & awareness; and of the two isn't awareness the point. As I have seen the t-shirts around, it shows he has gotten the message out; even if only a hand full of people understand what this campaign means & represents thru interpreting the Cause as awareness, than Bono has succeeded. His fame, nor his money nor his name should matter; those things have only paved the way to help aid the crusade by offering time & support in a way many 'celebrities' have not. He's a person who seems to continue on while welcoming the understanding & support regardless of any wasted speculation. Well done! I would like to some day attend one of his concerts. It appears he is touring overseas 2010; if anyone knows otherwise, of an upcoming united states tour please let me know.

footnote: the 'videos' themselves are humbly validated through many adoptive families who have, after returning from Africa, shared that they cannot forget what they saw; that they are forever changed.

3 comments:

Summer said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog the other day. I'll add you to my adoption blog list. Good luck on your journey and please let me know if I can be of any help to you along the way. :-)

Bird's Words said...

hey... i just saw that you had posted on my blog a couple of times! so sorry I hadn't seen it before. I've been a slacker at blogging lately and just noticed it when I put a new post on today.

My email is hollybird@hotmail.com

I'd love to keep in touch and perhaps even get together sometime! We are praying for you in the journey!

blessings!
Holly~

Us4 Cats said...

thanks for your comments :)